Here’s a reality that never changes: there is always another church that does something better than your church. You can never find the perfect church any more than you can marry the perfect mate or be employed at the perfect job. But you can find God’s will for you and your family.
What should you look for?
1. Leaders that seek above all else to obey the Head of the church
2. Teaching that probes the Scriptures and let’s you in on what God actually says, even if it is uncomfortable
3. Fellowship among believers that is constant and not just on Sundays
4. Pastoral involvment in your life on a regular basis. Pastors should know the sheep and care for them
5. A clear understanding of the gospel that saves
6. A proper view of baptism as required by Christ
7. An attempt to have a regenerate membership
There is more, but these are some of the most important ones.